Sunday, November 1, 2009

Expovina - Wine...on a boat!

Another catch up blog!  I can't believe I never wrote about drinking wine on a boat! I mean hello - two of my favorite things!:)  My excuse is that I left for the States the very next morning so I never had time, but  at least I am doing it now! 

The Expovina is a wine tasting that takes place in Zurich near Burkliplatz around the first week of November.  Miriam, James, Nathan and I went on October 31st.  Basically a bunch of distributors rent out space on 1 of 6 boats that have been docked and tied together (the way it is set up you can walk directly from one boat to the next without touching land - pretty cool). 

The view of the boats from Bellevue

I have no idea how much wine we drank that night - but it was A LOT!  I highly recommend doing this if you live in Zurich or are traveling there around the beginning of November - we had a great time discovering new wines from around the world!

Just before we boarded the first boat!

This is what it looked like close up

Not sure why we were so excited about the American wines - I think we had been "sampling" quite a bit by this time:)!

Miriam with her Deutsch wine - bring on the Rieslings!

You both look SO sophisticated!:)

You have no idea how long it took us to get this picture:)

Here is a link to the rest of the pics!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails